Pages

Sunday, February 07, 2010

2010 02 07_5960e

I've been working on a little series of portraits in a small "folder" style journal since about mid January. (Starting with the little portrait I posted earlier.) This past Friday night I couldn't find my palette of gouache anywhere, and after turning the house upside down, gave up the search and just filled an extra empty palette with fresh paint, with the plan of finishing up the book Saturday afternoon. It wasn't until Saturday afternoon that I realized my little book of finished portraits was also missing.

Gone. And I can't imagine where it could be... except that I've been doing a LOT of housecleaning which has involved throwing a lot of stuff away...

Sigh. I'm starting over from scratch.

Oddly, I'm not terribly upset that it's gone missing. Don't know what's up with THAT.

****************

Other news -- Diahn and I have had a little photography project going this year where we've done a photo a day of ... well, of whatever we see that day. We call the project "Quirk" and would love to invite you all over to take a peek.

Hmmmm... maybe I need to look through all my photos for clues to my missing sketchbook...

9 comments:

Teri said...

OMG Linda! If you are like me you put it somewhere so not to lose it. You will probably find it in the least likely place. I just love that little portrait-hope you find it.

Laura Frankstone said...

Oh, no! Did you toss them out accidentally while you were de-cluttering? I sympathize with your To Do list and I'm totally confident that you'll be back to your artmaking as soon as life unwrinkles a bit.
I'm patient.
Not really, but it sounds polite to say so. :D

Unknown said...

Whoops.

But on the bright side, look at all that lovely, new, fresh, delicious color...

Anonymous said...

I love the burst of color from a fresh palette ...the masterpiece that it might hold! I hope you find your little journal or if tossed that the wind blows it into the hands of someone who will adopt it!

Linda said...

I'm guessing that wherever the journal and the palette are, they are together. Sigh. They'll turn up or not!
I'll have to try and re-do the portraits, and trust that they may just turn out better.
Laura -- thanks for being so polite.
:-D

Unknown said...

Linda they will turn up when you don't expect it. I'm sure your portraits will turn out even better.

Melinda Owens said...

I'm guessing you're not upset because you're so laid back. You always seem to look at the bright side of things. That's a great quality to have!

annie said...

I'm curious, did they show up yet??

I have not commented but I am enjoying seeing the photos on the Quirk blog!

janey said...

Hi there, I just made a belated NY's resolution. Never ever to reorganize. I did that last week and promptly lost track of all my quilting feet. It's in the apt somewhere nice and safe. So safe that I can't find it. And I really like your new portrait. Especially the whate in back.