Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Saturday Workshop


I attended a pastel workshop given by Paul deMarrais today. Something clicked, I think. I love that feeling. Now if I can just KEEP that clicked feeling ....


Something about pastels and the camera don't mix. For some reason neither photo is exactly right -- too much orange. The one of the cedars (top) came out okay, but none of the photos of this one of the river came out right. The orange and rich blue are not NEAR so pronounced in the original pastel. It looks better in person.

I had originally planned to work on another piece when I got home this afternoon, but MAN am I tired! I hope everyone else had a fun Saturday!

10 comments:

annie said...

It's a shame we all can't see these things in real life. I know we miss so much when viewing them on a monitor.

When I was in school and we had to (hurriedly) try several materials out in an art class, pastels were the ones I loved the best. We often went outside to work and would get totally lost in the work. It was like a Zen moment for me, totally relaxing!

Laura Frankstone said...

I'll say something clicked!! These are completely marvelous---especially the top one! What a glorious scene, so beautifully rendered! I had to stop in middle of packing to check you out and comment ;D.

littlemithi said...

really really really love the sky on the top picture - and i bet you it DOES look better in person!

Lin said...

LINNIE!! Is there anything you can't paint or draw or pastel??? This is AWESOME! So rich -- the colors vibrant -- the scene inviting!!! Girl -- you do the BEST work!

Unknown said...

Well all I can say is that I have been away to long.
Awesome Linda! Yes something has clicked and I'm loving it.

William F. Renzulli said...

Camera problems or not, these are wonderful paintings. Pastels seem to "agree with you".

Teri said...

OMG!! GORGEOUS!! yOU AND PASTELS MAKE A GEAT TEAM!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful drawings. Did you use those pastels you bought? The handmade ones? The colors are luscious.

Linda said...

Thank you all! I'm still just tickled with that top one, so methinks it goes to get framed.
:-) And yes, Janey, these are those new pastels. Can you say "buttah..."
Sigh. I'm happy.

Unknown said...

Wow, Linda - really fantastic! I love them both - I can't wait to see them in person!!