Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Likes Fish for Lunch


Do you know what you call someone who says they are a vegetarian, but who, then again, isn't REALLY a vegetarian, because they actually eat fish, too? A Pescetarian. Or pescAtarian if you're British -- or are from Oxford -- or something like that.

Amazing the things you learn when you get on the web and type phrases like "who eats fish" into those little search boxes.

I actually already knew the the American Bald Eagle eats fish, because the above eagle sketch is based on a photo I took while in a fishing competition with this particular bird. I was doing a search because I was wondering if those giant pink birds* I like so much also eat fish; unfortunately, I kept coming up with pages about flamenco dancers and Brazilian soccer teams...

(*just kidding -- I know it's spelled "flamingo". Sheesh.)

(Gouache in my Moleskine, and I can't get the color in the scan to read right. Pooh.)

8 comments:

Lin said...

SO SO BEAUTIFUL, Linda!!!!!

Unknown said...

One of these days I am going to see an eagle.

Great sketch.

Can't help you with the flamingo's.
Not sure what they eat.

Unknown said...

:-) Aren't you glad I suggested a fish-themed sketchbook? :D

Wonderful, majestic eagle - I love how you are doing these boxes in your moleskine - across the page and all - very cool.

So - did you find out what flamenco dancing flamingos eat, or what??

Linda said...

Thank you Lin and Toni and Diahn. And the daily diet of flamenco dancing flamingos may be the topic of a future post...

Lindsay said...

Lovely blue backround for your majestic bird! I alsolike the way you have composed the page.

Laura Frankstone said...

How dramatic, Linda! You really have a way with gouache. This is a stunning painting.

MD said...

Fabulous bird. I keep meaning to get out the gouache and try them. You are inspiring me.
What a beautiful painting.

littlemithi said...

BEAUTIFUL! and the heron too ... Are these guoache on moleskine? I got myself one on sale the other day but haven't tried using it yet ... I love gouache so would love to try it on the moleskine ...

hmmm pink FlaManCos? ;)