Pages

Saturday, June 04, 2005

"A's" first snow


Little Miss "A" in colored pencil - work in progress (approx 16" x 11"?). I had a hard time getting this to photograph clearly, so it is really very blurry. Hopefully, this gets the general idea across. Her skin is probably 20 plus layers of colored pencil, and her coat is already that much and more in some places. Still a whole lot of work to do (notice that I haven't started her scarf or shoes!) I think I'm going to keep the background sketchy and vague, to keep the blurry feel of a snowfall ... we'll see!
Posted by Hello

Closeup of her hand and coat - a lot of work still to do just on the embroidery! Colored pencil is very slow work (for me) although I find it to be the most relaxing of all the artwork I do. I may have it finished in time to give it to her as a wedding present or something :-D Posted by Hello

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful - the detail right down to the embroidery.I have alot of respect for anyone with that much patience. Maybe you can get it done in time for her sweet 16.

Anonymous said...

Linda, this is beautiful. All the time and care and love you've put into it are so apparent in every mark. I often long for a way of making art that is contemplative. You have found a medium that does that for you.
Thank you for posting these glimpses.

Anonymous said...

Perfectly lovely! I marvel and am filled with awe.

annie said...

It is beautiful, Linda. I admire your patience in taking the time to do all those layers.

Lindsay said...

Linda,
I think you are the person who helped me with a colored pencil question. Your work is wonderful. Thanks for your comments on my site. I've bookmarked yours too!
Lindsay

veliani said...

dont worry about having an unclear information as drawing/painting reference, my art teacher always says that imagination is more important than knowledge, so ya doing art is a joy in itself so ya have fun there!

Sunday Afternoons said...

Wow! Beautiful work. I admire your patience, I could use a little more of that.

Chuck Rose said...

Just got your comment on my blog. You don't know how funny that is. I found out today he is going to show my blog to an executive committee to demonstrate the power blogs have in building community quickly. Won't he be surprised to see himself and all the wonderful comments.

BTW, I work for a major news organization web site. That's why he's demoing the power of blogging.

Kate said...

Nice work. I don't work in colored pencil, so I admire anyone with the ability to stick to it and come up with such a great result.

Thanks for visiting my blog, btw.

Kathleen Pequignot said...

WOW, you have so much patience. I like colored pencil, but I don't think I have that much focus power to see a whole composition through to the end like this. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

It's coming along very nicely! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

Shelly McC said...

Wow, this is stunning. I have just recently started doing large scale drawings using coloured pencils and I agree with you, they are very relaxing if time consuming. Very nice work and I look forward to seeing the finished project.